logo
Back
The above coordinates indicated the country location for the project.
Note: For exact Project GPS coordinates, please contact the client.

Shah Gas Field Expansion Project

  • New Project
  • Abu Dhabi
  • Gas Processing

This project involves expansion of the Shah gas field in Abu Dhabi. Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract for the expansion of a Gas field to increase production capacity to 1.5 billion cubic feet a day (cf/d) from 1 billion cf/d of sour gas. It is being implemented by Al-Hosn Gas, which is a joint venture between Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) and US-based Occidental Petroleum. ADNOC holds a 60% stake in Al-Hosn Gas, with Occidental owning the remaining 40%. New units will be engineered to expand the plant's processing capacity along with all associated off-sites and utilities necessary to integrate the new units with existing installations, including gas gathering facilities, main gas plant, product pipelines and the sulphur granulation plant. The additional pipeline will carry the liquid Sulphur from the main processing plant to the granulation Sulphur plant located 11 kilometers away, where the Sulphur is granulated, stockpiled, and ultimately transported, via rail, to a Sulphur handling terminal at ADNOC’s Ruwais Downstream hub. The pipeline, which will cater for future Sulphur production expansion, create greater value from a main commodity of sour gas processing and increase flexibility around existing operations, is scheduled to be commissioned in 2019. The design study is expected to be completed by fourth quarter of 2017 and will provide the information needed for the final investment decision.

Looking to get more information about this Project?